Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Signal 30 - Mad Men

by Randall Lucas Someone else said you can't get behind any of the characters and that it is overrated. They completely miss the point of this fantastic drama. Every character is out for themselves, and in many ways, that is a reflection of our capitalist culture… back in the 1960's and even in present day. This show can make you squeamish at times when you see the "dolled up" secretary who sleeps with her boss, pregnant woman smoking a cigarette, or kids jumping around a car without a seatbelt. It is an accurate reflection of 1960's culture.

As a longtime mid-century modern furniture & home decor dealer, I can say that Mad Men's set is dead on accurate. From Eero Saarinen, Charles & Ray Eames, George Nelson, Hans Wegner furniture & decor to the Dorothy Thorpe Executive barware collection, there isn't a single thing out of place. It is without any doubt one of the most influential venues for today's mid-century modernist revival.

by Liz Hart This is one of the best shows I have ever seen. I relate to it personally as I grew up close to this area. I was a child then, but it was the world I grew up in. The last season was a shock as life often is. The relationships are complex; the charters well developed and I've waited patiently for the upcoming season. Matthew Wieiner is a perfectionist to the last detail.

I go back to my childhood and see how we have progressed as a nation. Mad Men is a "Time Capsule" of the 60's and a great one at that!

I highly recommend this show to everyone. Of course, we will have our Mad Men party. I will be Joanie. No one want's to be Ms. Blankenship so far.

by Abraham Figueroa About six hours after they are broadcasted, which has usually been for me at around 3 am-5 am the morning after, not immediately after or during. Just wanted to help clear that up for those wondering. I've been downloading shows from iTunes for years and that's how it's always worked. However, I recently subscribed to satellite just for Mad Men! This show is great--I never though I'd be able to get into a drama like this, with little to no action, but it's got me hooked. I really enjoy AMC's The Walking Dead, but I have to say I was way more excited about Mad Men, and the premiere did not disappoint. It's great to have SCDP back!

Hack iTunes Store

No comments:

Post a Comment